Even though our distillery doesn’t currently use smaller than 53 g. format barrels I see no reason to limit ourselves or others in what size “oak barrel” they use. I think size makes a big difference in the product and therefore is something I recommend consumers ask questions about, but I wouldn’t go as far as to say a barrel size statement was required. As for container vs. barrel I am personally indifferent, but am usually in favor of being more specific.
Reply To: Barrel Size Limits
- Craft Spirits Weekly #127
- Bipartisan Majority of Representatives and Senators Back Craft Beverage Modernization and Tax Reform Act
- Craft Spirits Weekly #126
- Industry Groups Speak Out Against New Proposed Tariffs On Imported Wine And Spirits, As U.S. Takes Aim At E.U., Mexico
- Craft Spirits Weekly #125