Call for Nominations Now Open
Do You See Problems within the Spirits Industry? Do You Want to Commit to Helping Solve Them? Join ACSA’s Board of Directors!
Members of the ACSA Board of Directors play an integral role in shaping the craft spirits industry. Throughout a three-year term, each member shares a common goal of carrying out ACSA’s mission to elevate and advocate for the community of craft spirits producers.
The voting membership will elect five board seats in March 2024. Now is the time to identify the slate of candidates!
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO SERVE ON THE BOARD?
Desired attributes for the ideal candidates include:
- Being committed and aligned with ACSA as a DSP voting member in good standing
- Possessing relevant expertise in the disciplines of organizational management; examples include: marketing, fundraising, guild or chapter relations, finance, lobbying, export and strategic supplier alliances
- Committing to participate in 4-5 board meetings a year via teleconference and 1-2 in-person meetings. ACSA board members are asked to provide leadership support to governmental affairs, membership, education, convention, judging of craft spirits, PAC, DtC and, special events and/or campaigns throughout the year
- Committing to actively serving on at least one ACSA committee
- Demonstrating positive leadership attributes such as working collaboratively and engaging in appropriate analysis, debate, and discussion
- Being a visionary and strategic thinker to create a strong economic climate to grow our small businesses
- Giving time, talent, and/or financial contribution
- Ability to identify and propose solutions to the challenges facing the spirits industry
Benefits of serving as a volunteer leader include:
- Playing a significant role as a thought leader in advancing the craft spirits industry
- Creating opportunities to increase market channel access
- Having an opportunity to enhance the value of ACSA and the craft spirits community
- Helping build your reputation and distillery brand
- Building your leadership skills through interaction with a vibrant board (colleagues)
- Increasing your DSP’s visibility
ACSA expresses its gratitude for the following directors whose terms will expire upon election and certification of the new board in April 2024:
Gina Holman, J. Carver Distillery, MN (Central/Mountain region)
Jake Holshue, Spirit Works Distillery, CA (Pacific region)
Colin Keegan, Sante Fe Spirits, NM (Central/Mountain region)
Jessica J. Lemmon, Cart/Horse Distilling, PA (East region)
Tom Potter, New York Distilling Co. NY (East region)
Individual members of a DSP can self-nominate or be nominated by a member of our craft spirits community.
If you have the time, energy and passion to make a difference in our spirits industry, please consider applying or nominating a colleague no later than Monday, February 5, 2024. Candidates will be invited to address the craft spirits community on February 26th during a Meet the Candidates Breakfast at ACSA’s Annual Convention. [Candidates may also appear via a prerecorded message, so attendance is not a prerequisite to running for this national office.]
Questions: Contact ACSA Election Chair, Renee Bemis (Driftless Glen, WI) at email@example.com.