Our whiskey aging program is just starting, but I have been playing around with different barrel aging. My biggest question is with naming and with identifying whiskey types. If you use a #1 barrel is that still charred enough to be considered an ok barrel for Bourbon? Does it become a whiskey distilled from bourbon mash? And does that distinction really matter or effect labeling?
Reply To: Char levels
- Craft Spirits Weekly #101
- Long Road Distillers and Madcap Coffee Collaborate to Create New Spirit, Amaro Pazzo
- Craft Spirits Weekly #100
- For 20 Years, Glacial Grain Spirits (GGS) Has Manufactured, Industrial Alcohol, Food Grade Ethyl Alcohol, Beverage, and Grain Neutral Spirits
- Supercap Has Been Designing and Manufacturing Closures Since 1999