From time to time, ACSA partners with related groups to continue to elevate and advocate for the community of craft spirits producers. The Corn Growers Association partnered with ACSA to host a Heartland Spirits Judging Competition. See who medaled in that event. Bar Convent Brooklyn offers seven distillers the opportunity to place their remarkable craft spirits on the ACSA branded bar.
Bar Convent Brooklyn
This month, craft spirits producers connected with bar and restaurant owners and managers, bartenders, beverage directors and distributors at Bar Convent Brooklyn, the inaugural U.S.-based edition of Europe’s largest bar industry trade show, Bar Convent Berlin. The event provided a rare opportunity for craft distillers to showcase their world-class products in front of a vast cross-section of industry decision-makers, all under one roof. Six ACSA member distilleries gathered at the ACSA booth to share their spirits and stories with attendees from across the country and around the globe. Here are some of the highlights:
- Appalachian Gap Distillery (Middlebury, Vermont) poured samples from its eclectic portfolio, including Mythic Gin, Papilio agave- and maple-syrup-based spirit, Ridgeline Barrel-Aged Whiskey and Snowfall corn, barley and rye white whiskey.
- Copper & Kings American Brandy Co . (Louisville, Kentucky) mixed cocktails with its Apple Brandy, American Brandy, Butchertown Brandy and Orange Curaçao.
- Du Nord Craft Spirits (Minneapolis, Minnesota) gave attendees a taste of Mixed Blood Blended Whiskey, Fitzgerald Gin, Apple Liqueur and Frieda Coffee Liqueur.
- Hamilton Distillers (Tucson, Arizona) offered at taste of Southwestern terroir in its Del Bac Dorado Mesquite-Smoked Single Malt, Del Bac Clear Mesquite Smoked Single Malt, Del Bac Classic Unsmoked Single Malt and Del Bac Distillers Cut Cask Strength Single Malt.
- Maggie’s Farm Rum (Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania) demonstrated the versatility of the molasses-based spirit in its Spiced and Queen’s Share Rums, as well as its Coffee and Falernum rum-based liqueurs.
- Round Turn Distilling ‘s (Biddeford, Maine) Hemingway-inspired Bimini Gin is proof that exciting things are happening within the vibrant American gin scene.