There is really no harm in sampling as frequently as you like, besides lower yields at the end. My experience with rum in used 15 gallon barrels is that they were ideal between 6-9 months in Hawaii’s climate but most were being pulled to finish age in another barrel anyway. 3 months in would be perfectly fine to start sampling but I suspect you’ll really be looking for 9+ months to dump.
Reply To: Maturation Time in 15 Gallon #4 char
- Craft Spirits Weekly #100
- For 20 Years, Glacial Grain Spirits (GGS) Has Manufactured, Industrial Alcohol, Food Grade Ethyl Alcohol, Beverage, and Grain Neutral Spirits
- Supercap Has Been Designing and Manufacturing Closures Since 1999
- NimbleJack Partners Offer a Comprehensive Global Portfolio of Closures, Glass, and Glass Decoration
- Gusmer Enterprises Partners With DuPont