TIME.com – The consequences of the Trump administration’s steel and aluminum tariffs are already being felt across global markets. But the makers of one iconic American product say they stand to suffer more than most: bourbon whiskey distillers.
The European Union said yesterday that it would impose tariffs on U.S. imports in retaliation for new duties of 25 percent on steel and 10 percent on aluminium coming from the E.U., Mexico and Canada. These key allies had initially been exempt from the tariffs, which were applied to other countries in March.
Trump’s Trade War Is Already Hurting American Whiskey Distillers
, News, The Monthly Mash, ChainBridge Distillery, COVID-19, Craft Spirits, Craft Spirits Classroom, Craft Spirits Magazine, Distilled Spirits, FET, Hand Sanitizer, Independent Stave Co., Pittsburgh Distilling Co., Proof and Wood Ventures, Three Floyds Distilling Co., Triple Eight Distillery
The Monthly Mash Volume 5.3 Member-Owned, Industry-Driven ACSA Mission: To elevate and advocate for the community of...
- American Craft Spirits Association and Distilled Spirits Council Co-Host Annual Public Policy Conference September 15-16
- Craft Spirits Weekly #185
- The Monthly Mash: July 2020
- Craft Spirits Weekly #184
- LEADERS FROM FIVE CRAFT DISTILLERIES APPOINTED TO BOARD OF DIRECTORS, AMERICAN CRAFT SPIRITS ASSOCIATION